WORDS AND PICTURES In this fun and interactive educational program, Kaldor and Gendron take an offbeat look at how the words and pictures are developed and how they support the story's ideas, and each other, in the creation of a book – with some hilarious twists along the way! Gives children new insights into the creative process behind the books they read, and promises to engage them in reading in a whole new way.
ACTS OF KINDNESS – (Angels in Action) Children are encouraged to participate in acts of Christmas kindness in conjunction with the book The Angels on My Tree. Each child will share ideas and create and decorate an angel signifying their good deed. This program opens the way for the entire school, library, or church community to continue to participate long after the event!
HOPE AND HEALING One in seven children lose a parent or sibling before reaching adulthood. The Angels on My Tree acknowledges their loss, and provides families a means for finding healing by reaching out to others with acts of help and kindness. In a time when children feel particularly alone, vulnerable, and powerless, this program strengthens and empowers them by giving them the means to impact their world, one tiny good deed at a time.
- Creative and interactive
- Tailored for different age groups
- Entertaining and educational
- All children will have a take-home
- Special curriculum materials for teachers
“Thanks for such a wonderful program. Lu Ann and Eve did a phenomenal job! I believe every library should have their books which are lovely and smart... I strongly recommend this program.”
-- Vesna Simon, Community Library Manager - Queens Public Library at Ridgewood, Queens, New York City
“It was a huge success! You have created a new second grade tradition for me and I look forward to doing this every year ... You have truly inspired our class! The students love this interactive reward for each act of kindness. Thank you so much for sharing your story and reminding us what is most important in our lives.”
-- Samantha Pozzulo, second grade teacher -- Bishop Dunn Memorial School
Past Presentations Venues Include:
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers
- Children's Home of Poughkeepsie
- Henry A. Wallace Center at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library
- Hudson Valley Community Center
- Mid-Hudson Children's Museum
- Queens Public Libraries
- Sinterklaas Festival
- Bishop Dunn Memorial School – Newburgh
- Gayhead Elementary School – Hopewell Junction
- Reach Out & Read Event, PS 112 – East Harlem
- St. Denis - St. Columba School – Hopewell Junction
- All Saints Church – Scotch Plains
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church – Westfield
- St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church – Poughkeepsie
- St. Paul's Chapel, Trinity Wall Street – NYC
CONTACT US FOR DETAILS!